MD – Medicine (1990) – Faculty of Medicine, Damascus University
MS – Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology (1998), Damascus University
Ph.D., in Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology (2002), St. George’s Hospital Medical School, University of London, UK
Dr. Hasan is an associate professor of pharmacology and clinical pharmacology, teaches in several disciplines in the pharmacology field. He is currently Chair of the student academic progression committee, member of the curriculum committee, conduct committee, and skills development committee in the School of Pharmacy and Health Professions (SOPHPs), UMES.
He is a part of the clinical skills team and responsible for teaching and preparing IPPE’s students for the management of the patient in a clinical setting prior to the Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPEs).
He has been in the School of Pharmacy since 2015 and teaches several courses in basic and clinical pharmacology. Prior to joining UMES, he supervised medical students at St. George’s Hospital Medical school, London University in their clinical practice skills. Dr. Hasan has 17 years of academic work experience in a medical, pharmacy, dental, physician assistant, and physical therapy fields. He worked and supervised experimental pharmacology laboratory for 12 years. He is a co-author for three pharmacology textbooks.
PHAR-510- Fundamentals of Drug Action and Metabolism.
PHAR 512- Metabolism of Carbohydrates, Lipids, and Amino Acids.
PHAR-520- Principles of Neurobiology and Neuropharmacology.
PHAR-521- Cardio and Renal Systems; Pharmacology & Medicinal Chemistry.
PHAR-522- Gastro & Genitourinary: Pharmacology and Medicinal Chemistry, Course Coordinator
PHAR-523- Endocrine system: pharmacology and medicinal chemistry
PHAR- 525- CNS Pharmacology and Medicinal Chemistry.
PHYT 611: Pharmacology and Laboratory Values for the Physical Therapist
PHAR 612: Pharmacotherapy and Medication Management: Cardiology.
PHAR- 613- Pharmacotherapy and Medication Management: Immunology and Rheumatology.
PHAR 624: Integration of Pharmacy Practice I
PHAR 625: Integration of Pharmacy Practice II
PHAR- 626- Physician Assistant Department- Clinical Pharmacology II.
- Antonios TF, Kaski JC, Hasan Khaled, Brown SJ, Singer DR. Rarefaction of skin capillaries in patients with anginal chest pain and normal coronary arteriograms. European Heart Journal 2001;22(13):1144-8.
- Singer DR, Hasan Khaled. Homocysteine and other new risk factors for central retinal vein occlusion: new challenges for the internal medicine physician. European Journal of Internal Medicine. 2002 May;13(3):160-162.
- Hasan Khaled, Manyonda IT, Ng FS, Singer DR, Antonios TF. Skin capillary density changes in normal pregnancy and pre-eclampsia. Journal of Hypertension. 2002 Dec;20(12):2439-43.
- Hasan, Khaled, Singh, N, Antonios, TFT, Singer, DRJ. Capillary density in healthy elderly compared with healthy young subjects. Age & Ageing 2000;29(Suppl 2):60. Abstract
- Khaled M. Hasan, Tarek F.T. Antonios, Nivedita Singh, Donald R.J. Singer. Capillary density and blood pressure in healthy elderly compared with healthy young subjects American Journal of Hypertension. 2001;14: 4 (Supplement 1): A131-A132. Abstract
- Tarek F. Antonios, Guilia Russo, Khaled M. Hasan, Sue J. Brown, Donald R. Singer, Juan C. Kaski. Skin capillary density and plasma endothelin levels in hypertensive and normotensive patients with anginal chest pain and normal coronary arteriograms. American Journal of Hypertension. 2001;14: 4 (Supplement 1): A6. Abstract
- Hasan Khaled. Vascular endothelial growth factor in chronic renal failure patients. Journal of Diagnostic Laboratory. Damascus. 2007; 7(4).
- Hasan Khaled. Study of Leptin Effects on the cardiovascular system in Animal, Journal of Diagnostic Laboratory. 2009
- Khaled Hasan, Yaser Saleh, Fawaz Assaad. Effects of carbamazepine on serum levels of folic acid and homocysteine. Pan Arab Journal of Neurosurgery. 2010 April; 14 (1): 108-111.
- Hasan KM (2015) Comparative Study of Leptin and Phentolamine Effects on Cardiovascular System. Cardiovascular Pharmacology: Open Access 4: 164.
- Khaled M Hasan, Comparison Effects of Leptin and Phentolamine on Cardiovascular System, Hypertension. 2015; 66: AP068.
- Khaled M Hasan, Drugs and control of use during pregnancy. Arab Center for Authorship and Translation of Health Science (ACMLS) Medicine Arabization. 53rd Issue, June 2018
- Oral presentation at UMES Symposium 2018 (04/17/2018): Measurement of students’ progression in the classroom.
- Oral presentation at UMES Symposium 2018 (04/17/2018): The Impact of Marijuana on University Students. Khaled Hasan, Olufisayo Oluwafemi, Wilde Ketchatang.
- Oral presentation at UMES Symposium 2019 (16/04/2019): Career goals of student Pharmacists at UMES SOP after graduation
Current Research Activities:
- The impact of Marijuana at University Students, UMES, Maryland, USA (2017)
- The prevalence of Obesity at UMES campus, Maryland, USA (2017)
- Measurement of students’ progression in the classroom
- Obesity Survey in UMES campus
- The opioid epidemic in campus and local communities.
- Career goals of student Pharmacist at UMES SOP after graduation (2018)
- Over the counter medications used during pregnancy (2019)