Summer Bridge is a comprehensive, four-week program that provides participants the opportunity to earn full admission to UMES through a program comprising of enhanced instruction in reading, writing, mathematics, critical thinking, and study skills. Students will have experiential learning in areas of leadership training, career path development, and community engagement. In addition, they will have activities to bond with their peers and the UMES community as a whole. There are only 150 seats available in the program. Dates for the 2023 Summer Bridge program are July 6th-August 5th.
Summer Bridge will help you build a strong foundation by providing some of the tools, information, and skills that will carry you through your college life and beyond. You will also become a part of a learning community that will keep you connected to Summer Bridge through your first year at UMES. Participating in this program will provide you with the following benefits:
- Earn full admission for the Fall 2023 semester by completing all program requirements
- Strengthen your foundation in Math & English with enhancement courses
- Develop strong mentoring relationships with faculty, staff, and peer mentors
- Ongoing academic advising, coaching, and tutoring
- Become familiar with the UMES campus with an on-campus experience
- Career planning, Financial Aid counseling, and Leadership training