International applicants are students who do not hold United States citizenship or resident alien status. The Office of Admissions & Recruitment requires the following information from an international applicant to be considered for undergraduate admission.
- A completed admissions application with a non-refundable $35.00 application fee in U.S. dollars. To start an international payment for your tuition and fees through Flywire, visit umes.flywire.com.
- An official evaluation of all academic records (credential evaluation) from SPANTRAN. Please request a course-by-course evaluation including a grade point average (GPA). The evaluation should be accompanied by an official copy of each academic record.
SpanTran Request Form for UMES
- Official scores to confirm English proficiency IELTS (http://www.ielts.org/), TOEFL (http://ets.org/toefl) scores, PTE (https://pearsonpte.com/), or Duolingo English Test. (10 Free DuoLingo English Tests will be provided to students throughout 2021)
For more information, please contact our DSO Denitta Gladding, Admissions Specialist Telephone: (410) 651-6416 Email: email@example.com
- Conditional admission is not offered for applicants whose scores do not meet the minimum required scores or for those who do not have scores to submit. The scores should be no more than two years old.
- An official copy of the test results from taking either the SAT I or ACT.
- A certificate of finance along with a bank statement bank or scholarship letter, no more than six months old, addressed to the University of Maryland Eastern Shore verifying the availability of funds to cover tuition, fees, and other direct costs associated with enrolling at the university. For a list of estimated costs of attendance, please visit the Office of Financial Aid or Student Accounts.
An international student will receive an 1-20 form only after acceptance to enable the securing of the proper visa from the offices of the American Consulates abroad.
International students are encouraged to submit all required information well in advance, six months prior to the begin of the requested semester is recommended.
Application Deadline for International Students:
|May 1||November 1|
More information & useful links: