Transfer Tuesdays registration is now open!
Upcoming dates: May 10, June 14, and July 12
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
A student who has attended any accredited institution of higher education will be considered as a transfer student. For admissions purposes, students who have completed 23 or fewer credits are also required to submit an official high school transcript.
Requirements for a complete application:
- an online application via Common App, Black Common App, or the UMES standard application
- a nonrefundable application fee of $35.00
- an official copy of transcripts for all college or university level coursework attempted
Additional requirements if 23 or fewer credit hours earned:
- an official copy of high school transcript
- an official copy of SAT or ACT score report*
- Applicants with a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher do not need to submit SAT or ACT scores for admissions purposes
- Optional Essay and Letters of Recommendation
- Applicants must be in good standing and eligible to return to previous institution
Resources for Transfer Applicants
Transferring credit from Maryland Community Colleges
Visit ARTSYS, The Articulation System for Maryland Colleges and Universities, to see how your credits will transfer to UMES.
Direct Transfer and Articulation Agreements*
UMES fully ascribes to the Maryland State Board for Higher Education Articulation Agreement. UMES has direct transfer agreements with all Maryland community colleges as well. Direct transfer allows automatic admission and transfer of all college level credits of a “C” or better, not to exceed 70 credits.
To see a list of institutions and programs with whom UMES has articulation agreements, click here.
Transfer from Colleges and Universities
UMES does not limit the number of credits transferable for work completed at four-year colleges; however, in order to graduate, a student must complete 30 semester credit hours at UMES.