Congratulations! We appreciate your interest in furthering your education at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore.
To ensure a smooth transition, please make sure you complete all of the checklist items below:
- Celebrate your admission!
- Confirm your enrollment (the link to confirm your enrollment can be found in your FutureHawk Portal)
- Complete your Health and Immunization form. (All students and staff will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or medical/religious exemption).
- Submit your FAFSA application. Our FAFSA federal school code 002106. (For questions about financial aid, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at 410-651-6172. You must complete and submit the FAFSA in order to be considered for financial aid and certain scholarships.)
- Verify your residency information on your admissions letter. If you believe you are in-state and have been classified otherwise, contact us.
- Using your UMES Student ID Number, visit www.umes.edu/newaccount to set up your UMES account. Once you set up your account, you will start receiving important information to your UMES student email. Be sure to check it regularly.
- Complete your housing reservation online using the following steps:
- Log in to MyUMES (www.my.umes.edu) on a computer (not a mobile device)
- Click on the Hawkville icon (the maroon icon that has the image of a bed/house)
- Select and complete the correct application
- Pay the $300 deposit with a debit/credit card
- Contact your high school counselor or previous institution to submit your final transcripts electronically. (Official final transcripts are required before you can attend class).
- Schedule a time to visit your new home.