Recent and past alumni have often expressed that after graduating there was difficulty transitioning into employment opportunities and remaining connected with LMRCSC fellows. Opportunities often come as a result of social interactions, including networking in the office, or at professional meetings. In the efforts to provide a stronger connection between NOAA LMRCSC alumni, and as a means to create strong networking opportunities within the Center, the NOAA LMRCSC staff, in collaboration with Center graduates, are working to strengthen the Center’s alumni network.
To initiate this effort, we are asking for the feedback of all graduates of the NOAA LMRCSC. Below, you will find a link to a brief questionnaire, which will aid us in our efforts to re-engage graduates with the Center and their former NOAA LMRCSC counterparts. The survey will allow for us to create multiple opportunities, which could include:
- Dedicated Networking events at conferences or conference group excursions
- Virtual Career Development Meetings and/or in-person workshops
- A common virtual space to post opportunities
- Promotion of alumni involvement in speaking engagements (e.g. keynote addresses)
- Encourage the promotion of our ongoing and published research
- And much more!
If you are a graduate of the NOAA LMRCSC program, please click here and participate in our brief survey. Given the diversity of NOAA LMRCSC graduates’ experiences, with your help, we can work together to build a network that ensures equitable access to a plethora of opportunities.
Your efforts are much appreciated!