Scott B. Gudes Public Service Graduate Scholarship in Marine Resource Conservation
This scholarship is awarded to a master’s or doctoral student pursuing a degree in a NOAA Fisheries related discipline whose research has a strong potential to contribute to the advancement of marine resource conservation and who has played an exemplary role in public service.
Amount of the Award:
$35,000/yr. for a Ph.D. student and $30,000/yr. for a M.S. student. The award is for one year only. A maximum of five scholarships will be awarded to qualified students between 2017 and 2022 based on the availability of funds.
- Full time graduate student conducting research at the LMRCSC relevant to marine resource conservation for the duration of the award
- Have and maintain a cumulative 3.5 GPA
- Demonstrated scholastic and leadership achievements
- Service to the EPP/MSI Cooperative Science Center and the fisheries community
- Must be a US citizen and a CSC supported student
- Collaborative research with NOAA or state agencies
- Outreach to and engagement with the commercial or recreational fishing community
- Provide a written annual report to NOAA EPP/MSI and Scott B. Gudes on research results and other activities including engagement with the fisheries community
- Presentation of research results and outreach and engagement activities at professional meetings/workshops/conferences
October 18, 2021
*Email all applications to Dr. Paulinus Chigbu at email@example.com