It is imperative to understand your billing responsibilities and student account obligations with the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. Please remember that you have 24-hour online access to your account details located on the Student Center.
- If you register for a course, charges are incurred and you must meet payment deadlines.
- If payment is not received in full or if you are not enrolled in a payment plan by the payment due date, your courses will be dropped.
- An overdue balance may prevent access to services, such as future enrollment, transcripts and diplomas.
- Unpaid accounts are subject to collection procedures and will be sent to the State Central Collection Unit; a 17% collection fee will be added to the unpaid amount.
State Central Collection Unit
- If you are no longer interested in taking a course, you must officially drop or withdraw from the course. Drops and withdrawals are prorated based on the adjustment calendar.
- All billing information (E-Bill) will be sent to your UMES email account. Keep your contact information updated in order to receive all communications regarding billing.
- You are responsible for all debts incurred, regardless of whether or not an e-bill is received or payment is to be made by a third party.