Spring 2021 Commencement is scheduled for Date: Friday, May 14th, 2021
Location and Time: William P. Hytche Arena at 11:00AM
Rehearsal and Ticket Distribution
- Date: Thursday, May 13th, 2021
- Times: TBD
Please wear your academic regalia at commencement and rehearsal.
Mortar Board Policy
Students are precluded from participating in the ceremony without a cap (or gown). It is appropriate to adorn the mortar board with:
- Your graduation year.
- An expression of “thanks” to family, a teacher, a friend
- A symbol of the branch of the military you belong to or may be joining.
- Acknowledgment of an institution where you plan to continue your studies.
- Your home country’s flag.
- A logo or shield of your Greek social or honorary affiliation
- A symbol or message highlighting your major or student organization affiliation.
The following expressions are off limits and will result in confiscation of the cap and forfeiture of participation in the ceremony that your family and friends have traveled to campus to witness:
- Advertisements, symbols, abbreviations, initials, words, slogans or pictures that refer to drugs or controlled substances, tobacco, alcohol or weapons or are of a sexual nature.
- Symbols that denote an affiliation with gangs or advocate drug use, violence, illegal activity, or disruptive behavior detrimental to the safety and welfare of others.
- Messages that are obscene, profane, vulgar or lewd, or threaten the safety and welfare of any person.
- Numbers other than the graduation year.
Only the flat, top area of the cap may be decorated. Nothing should hang down from any of the sides. Decorations must be flat on the surface of the cap. Three-dimensional creations and lighting are prohibited.
Graduation caps will be reviewed and approved before the ceremony. Reach out to faculty and commencement day ushers with questions about your cap.
To review the entire policy please visit this website MORTAR BOARD POLICY.
Distribution of Diplomas
Diplomas will be mailed to each graduate approximately six to eight weeks following the Commencement ceremony. Diplomas will be mailed to the address listed on file with the Office of the Registrar. All graduating students are asked to check with the Office of the Registrar to make sure the correct and current address is on file.