How To Become a Preceptor
We welcome pharmacists interested in working with the University Of Maryland Eastern Shore School Of Pharmacy (UMES SOP) to contribute to the education of our future pharmacists.
The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) mandates that each school of pharmacy screen preceptors and sites to ensure quality experiences for student pharmacists.
UMES School of Pharmacy requires the following of all Preceptors:
- Licensed and in good standing with the state Board of Pharmacy.
- Pharmacy practice experience, full-time, for at least one year.
- Commitment to helping students develop life-long learning, service to the community and service to others in the profession of pharmacy.
- Disposition to work with students by demonstrating and teaching the profession.
- Willingness to assist students in achieving rotation objectives.
- Agreement to complete evaluations and other grading in a timely manner, via UMES SOP tools.
- Willingness to work with diverse populations.
If you are interested in becoming a UMES SOP preceptor, please submit a Preceptor Application (click here to download the .pdf) and we will contact you shortly to discuss the program.
For additional information on becoming a preceptor for the UMES SOP, please contact:
Kawanda Mc Carthy Williams, PharmD
Assistant Dean for Experiential Education