The MISSION of the HTM Department, with in the school of business & technology, is to prepare entry level Hospitality Management professionals with Essential Skills for long term hospitality career success and industry leadership. The Department also fosters research and service of direct application and benefit to the State of Maryland and the global Hospitality Industry.
SIX POINT GRADUATE CAREER SUCCESS PROFILE:
- HOSPITALITY ATTITUDE
- MARKETING MINDEDNESS
- QUANTATIVE COMPETENCE
- TECHNOLOGICAL FLUENCY
- RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- INTERNATIONAL/MULTICULTURAL SENSITIVITY
The vision of the Hospitality and Tourism Management program is to provide the best curriculum that graduates passionate professionals with the intellectual and leadership skills, who upon graduation will raise the level of service excellence, innovation, and ethical standards, and build a strong diverse workforce in their respective organizations and the hospitality industry.
To achieve this end, the HTM Department makes the most of Business & Technology School affiliation, residence in the Henson Conference Center, kinship with Human Ecology, Food Science Laboratories, heritage as a state of Maryland Historically Black University, and other distinctive assets. Decisions and actions are constantly guided by UMES-HTM core values Attitude, Community, Diversity, Ethics, Excellence, Professionalism, and Service.
The goals of the Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management are to:
- Provide instruction and professional assistance to the students in the department.
- Provide students with an opportunity to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management.
- Prepare students for graduate study.
- Assist students towards professionalism and an attitude of continued professional growth and individual development.
- Assist students in recognizing their responsibilities as members of society and the hospitality industry.
- Provide seminars and workshops for the hospitality industry of the State of Maryland.
- Conduct research in the hospitality field.
- Increase the quality and accessibility of hospitality education to the citizens of Maryland.
- Provide professional assistance to the citizens of Maryland
In order to meet its stated goals, the Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management will:
- Maintain a liaison relationship with professional organizations for student participation and development.
- Provide on-going advising to assist students in decisions affecting their academic programs, professional development, industry work experience, career planning and possible future study.
- Offer all courses necessary for students to complete a Bachelor of Science degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management within eight continuous semesters.
- Relate course content to contemporary issues and trends of society and the hospitality industry.
- Encourage discussion of the individual’s responsibilities to society and the hospitality industry.
- Seek appropriate industry and government support to conduct research in the hospitality industry.
- Maintain a hospitality industry resource center.
- Assist the citizens and hospitality industry of Maryland through guest speaking, committee appointments, advising and other activities.