This hybrid major maximizes students’ flexibility, allowing them to pursue careers in illustration (book and magazine covers, children’s books, logo design, comic books, and cartoons) as well as graphic design (layouts for books, magazines, and the web).
The Graphic Illustration concentration infuses 21st century technology with traditional studio skills. Graduates enter the job market with the skills and experience to shape their own future.
The Department also has:
- Classes in sequential arts (comic books)
- dedicated faculty of working artists who will inspire and motivate students.
- annual field trips to museums in NY, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.
- active student art organization (Envision Club).
- large Macintosh computer lab (one-per-student, no waiting).
Recent graduates have gone on to:
- found a graphic-design firm.
- illustrate textbooks.
- work as freelance illustrators.
- start a comic book studio.
- complete MFA programs.
Apply to UMES HERE!!