Looking for something fun? Here are ways to connect virtually!
Engagement, Programming, and Resources
Stuck at home and not sure what to do between online classes, video game and refrigerator visits? Check out some of the below activities and programming that you can do from home or wherever you are with your computer or phone. Remember, “Social Distancing” doesn’t mean you have to be lonely and stressed! Connect with friends and groups during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Virtual Conferencing and Communication Tools for Student Organizations
- Zoom – Connect with Lobos via video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and mobile collaboration.
- GROUPME app – this app brings group text messaging to every phone. Group message with the people in your life that are important to you.
- House Party app – is an app that’s gaining users rapidly because of its simple ability to host easy group video chat.
Ways to Use Video Conferencing
- Host a Virtual Lunch, Dinner, Happy Hour or Coffee Date
- Play a Board/Card Game together
- Trivia or Pictionary
- Workout with a friend
STUDENT EXPERIENCE AND ENGAGEMENT
Want to travel around the world, find cute animal webcams, and visit our world’s museums. For a larger list, click here.
- 68 Cultural, Historical, and Scientific Collections to Explore!
- Tour the Louvre in Paris
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
- Adventure Around Yellowstone National Park or Tour other National Parks with Google!
- Dive Into the Ocean! (VR friendly!)
- Visit World Landmarks and Famous Sites with Google
- Time Travel Through History With the British Museum
- Travel the World with Rick Steves
- Visit Ellis Island
- Walk down the Great Wall of China
- Travel the surface of Mars with the Curiosity Rover
Awareness Virtual Events
Everyone loves animal pictures, videos, and webcams!
- Zooborns – The newest, cutest baby animals from the world’s accredited zoos and aquariums.
- Georgia Aquarium Webcams – Including Penguins!
- San Diego Zoo Animals
- Reddit AWW – cute and cuddly pictures
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bear Cubs (Netherlands)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Webcams
Arts and Craft
- Fun & Creative Things To Do When You Are Bored At Home | What To Do When Bored!
- 32 AWESOME PAINTING IDEAS THAT ARE ACTUALLY COOL
- 15 AMAZING FOOD CRAFTS THAT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
- 28 SPY HACKS FOR KIDS EVERY ADULT SHOULD KNOW
- 16 DIY ROOM DECOR IDEAS THAT LOOK TRULY MAGICAL
- Gabriel Iglesias : Aloha Fluffy
- Full show. George Lopez. Comedy. Why u crying
- Stand up-Kevin Hart Stand up comedy! Hilarious & VERY Funny!! (Adult Content)
- How to Tie a Tie (Mirrored / Slowly) – Full Windsor Knot
- 12 Ways To Fold A Pocket Square | Ties.com
- 3 Ways To Cook The Juiciest Chicken Breast Ever – Bobby’s Kitchen Basics
- How To Make a Mask At Home: 3 Easy DIY Masks
- How To Make A DIY No-Sew Face Mask | Good Housekeeping
- HOW TO MAKE HAND SANITIZER: Create Your Own Purell Substitute At Home
Arts, Entertainment, & Fun Things To Do
- Read a book for free!
- Ride Disney Parks and other Theme Park Attractions
- Street Art Tours
- 15 Broadway Plays to watch from your couch
- Watch a different Met Opera each night
- The Social Distancing Festival – Streamed Comedy, Music, Theater and Dance Performances
- Watch a Shakespearean Play
- Watch a live stream concert
Connect With Friends
Watch a movie on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc with each other virtually! Synchronize your start times and watch together over facetime or skype.
- Netflix Party – Binge your favorite Netflix show with your bestie, virtually
- Virtual escape room: Steam’s Tales of Escape
- Multiplayer games
- Host a Facebook watch party
- Create a Collaborative Spotify Playlist together
Virtual Intramural Sports
- NFL GamePass is now free through May 31
- NBA League Pass is now free until April 22
STUDENT OUTREACH AND LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT (SOLD)
- Census Form 2020!
- Registered To Vote!
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Social Distancing can happen outside! Take a walk, run, or ride your bike, just keep a distance of 6 feet from all people that you encounter. You can stay active inside too:
- Yogazo – This local ABQ studio is offering free yoga videos!
- Yoga with Adriene
- Barre3 – Free 15-day digital trial for classes
- Daily Workouts by Planet Fitness and OrangeTheory to keep you moving!
- Learn to cook
STUDENT CONDUCT FUN!
- LinkedIn Learning – Free Month Trial – learn a new professional skill!
- Tips for staying focused in online courses
- Tips for online course studies
- Learn a new language with Duolingo free! – App Store – Google Play Store
NEW events, programs, activities and leadership development programs will be added every Tuesday! Good Luck, Stay Safe and Have Fun!
Parts of this page are adapted from a resource from the University of Colorado – Boulder, University of New Mexico and Kansas State University.