Richard DeBenedetto, PharmD, MS, AAHIVP
Assistant Professor, Pharmacy Practice
- PGY1 Residency – (2013), Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences/Walgreens, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Pharm.D – (2012), Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, Buies Creek, North Carolina
- M.S. – Clinical Research (2012), Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, Buies Creek, North Carolina
- B.S. – Politics and Education (2001), Carroll College, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Dr. DeBenedetto, Assistant Professor in Pharmacy Practice and Administration, teaches in the areas of community pharmacy, skills, and HIV. Prior to joining UMES he completed a residency in community pharmacy with Campbell University and Walgreens and practiced in Raleigh, NC. His practice intersts involve HIV, substance use, pharmacy advocacy, and community pharmacy.
Current Research Activities
- Analysis of safety, tolerability and durability for Darunavir in addition to a complete background regimen in HIV infected patients.
- Prescription Drug Monitoring Program education in Somerset County. Collaborator: Fred Tejada
- Opioid Monitoring and Prevention Project in Somerset County. Collaborators: Fred Tejada, Rich Drake, Yvonne Harris.