Fringe Benefits (Proposal)

These include the University’s contributions to Social Security, retirement programs, health insurance, unemployment compensation, etc. Where applicable, tuition allowance should be added for permanent full-time employees and dependents, and graduate assistants. Graduate Research Assistants are entitled to full hospitalization benefits and tuition remission; other benefits, generally, do not apply. For undergraduate assistants (hourly workers), no employee benefits apply except during the summer. If the assistants are not attending summer school classes, then Social Security and unemployment compensation are applicable. Permanent part-time employees are entitled to all benefits if employed one-half time or more. Part-time employees who work less than one-half time, temporary personnel, and hourly employees are entitled only to Social Security and unemployment compensation. A table of applicable benefit rates is published and distributed by the Office of Human Resource Management.

Scroll to Top