Indirect Cost Rate
Effective until 06/30/2024
The Office of Sponsored Research and Programs was established in 1992 by the President of UMES with administrative responsibility assigned to the Vice President for Information Technology and Outreach. The purpose of OSRP is to provide faculty, research associates and students with assistance in the preparation and submission of proposals and in the administration of grants and contracts. This action provides a single focal point for the University community and external agencies and organizations for all activities related to the acquisition and administration of sponsored activities.
Responsible Conduct of Researcher Manual, provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
All students involved in research, must take the Responsible Conduct of Science training contained in the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) program. Access CITI here.
All faculty members, students and staff involved in research, regardless of the funding source, involving human subjects, vertebrate animals, or agents that may involve environmental safety, recombinant DNA or biohazards, must take relevant training courses. Access CITI here.
Compliance Information and Federal Regulations for Grants and Contracts
- USM Board of Regents Policies and Procedures
- The National Science Foundation (NSF) Grants Policy Manual (GPM) for 2005
Compliance Information on Export Controls
Compliance with Federal Biosafety, Human Subjects, Animal Use and Care Regulations
- NIH, OSHA, CDC, USDA select agents, APHIS, University registration of biological materials, selection, installation and use of biological safety cabinets.
- UMES Institutional Review Board Protection of Human Subjects of Research
- Animal Use and Care
- Human Subjects of Research
- Discrimination Statement
- Title IX and Sexual Misconduct
- USDA Non-discrimination statement
- USM Internal Audit Compliance
- USM office of internal Audit Procedural Guidelines
- USM Internal Audit office-organizational Chart
- UMES Compliance and Grants Training
Last updated 10/25/2020 | Comments or Questions? Contact 410-651-8993