The OSRP provides the following services:
- Identification of funding sources – online computer searches of several electronic databases specifically designed to include Federal, state and private/corporate sector sources of support for University faculty, research associates, students and staff (e.g., SPIN, MOLIS, FEDIX, NIH-Guide to Grants and Contracts, SEYMOUR, STIS, DRG-line).
- Identification of faculty interest – annual index of faculty expertise and research interest is used to direct relevant grant announcements, training workshops and other relevant material.
- Reference materials resources – books, guidelines and regulations, applications and example grants, newsletters and other material can be accessed in the OSRP library.
- Grants workshops – are held periodically. Faculties are encouraged to suggest topics and speakers.
- Consultation and editorial services.
- Coordination of Internal Review Boards (IRBs) including animal welfare, human subjects, biohazard, biosafety, recombinant DNA.
- All pre- and post- award administration services from preproposal through award negotiation to extensions and close-outs.
- Coordination of Federal reporting requirements such as OMB A-21.