The Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance (OIE) supports efforts to uphold the University’s commitment to creating and maintaining a working and learning environment that is inclusive and free of discriminatory conduct as required by the University’s policies and procedures.
OIE promotes and upholds the University’s commitment to Equity by:
- Guiding employees in referring affected individuals to OIE;
- Facilitating resolution of concerns through advising and providing guidance and support to parties and their supervisors;
- Conducting formal investigations in situations in which alternative resolutions efforts are unsuccessful or inappropriate;
- Partnering with administrators and supervisors to protect against retaliation; and
- Providing general and targeted educational training programs to prevent discrimination and harassment.