Welcome to the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance!
The Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance (OIE) supports efforts to uphold the University’s commitment to creating and maintaining a working and learning environment that is inclusive and free of discriminatory conduct as required by the University’s policies and procedures.
OIE promotes and upholds the University’s commitment to Equity by:
- Guiding employees in referring affected individuals to OIE;
- Facilitating resolution of concerns through advising and providing guidance and support to parties and their supervisors;
- Conducting formal investigations in situations in which alternative resolutions efforts are unsuccessful or inappropriate;
- Partnering with administrators and supervisors to protect against retaliation; and
- Providing general and targeted educational training programs to prevent discrimination and harassment.
Contact the OIE
Early Childhood Research Ctr, 1129
File a Report
Submit a report online of a possible violation of UMES’s Sexual Misconduct, Anti-Discrimination, or Workplace Bullying Policies. The online reporting form does allow for anonymous reporting. You may also contact our office in person, by phone, or via email.