CAREER & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CENTER
Building leaders who prepare for tomorrow.
Welcome to the Career & Professional Development Center at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore where staff is committed to further enhancing student’s self-confidence and career readiness skills, while assisting students with building clarity, confidence, professional development and career exploration skills. This will empower students to navigate through the professional development process while, acquiring the opportunities and experiences that will enable them to compete in a global workforce. This office is the catalyst to students being successful in the workforce.
Exploring career paths as freshmen, cultivating transferable skills, internship involvement and further enhancement of career focused activities is critical. The Center is well positioned to prepare students for an ever changing global workforce. Students have access to numerous career related services offered by the University Career & Professional Development Center that involve positive career related programming, career exploration, graduate/professional school information, immersive experiential learning, internships that assist with building major specific skills, employer engagement and also exposure to state of the art career related technology.
The University of Maryland Eastern Shore Career & Professional Development Center is here to provide career services support to students. Students are encouraged to develop a Handshake Profile through the Handshake Platform. When you go to the Career & Professional Development Center website page, you will see Handshake for students. There you will find instructions for developing your Handshake profile.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the Career & Professional Development Center open?
2. How can I contact the Career & Professional Development Center?
3. When should I visit the Career & Professional Development Center ?
4. How do I schedule an appointment with the Career & Professional Development?
5. What is Handshake?
6. When do I start looking for a full-time, professional job?
7. How do I create a resume?
8. What is the difference between a resume and a CV?
9. I have an interview next week. How do I get ready for it?
10. What is the University Recruitment Program/Career Fairs?
11. I do not see anything in campus recruiting that interest me. Is this all there is?
Career and Professional Development Center HAWK Chat
Talk with Career Professionals in real time to get answers to your questions.
Online HAWK Chat Hours
Live Chat will be available
8am – 5pm,
Monday Wednesday, Thursday.
Click the button below.