Making a definite impact in today’s world!
The Mission of the Office of International Development Programs is to facilitate campus-wide internationalization of research, teaching, and outreach activities to promote cross-cultural knowledge and understanding among students, faculty, and staff.
The Goals of the Office of International Development Programs are to:
- Broaden faculty and staff involvement in international research and development activities;
- Provide opportunities for student experiential learning and academic exchange programs;
- Assist faculty and staff members to participate in exchange programs; and,
- Broaden cultural diversity at the University.
The specific Objectives of the Office of International Development Programs are to:
- Develop collaborative research and development activities through linkages with international institutions of higher learning, international research centers and national agricultural research systems;
- Utilize UMES faculty and staff to provide technical and administrative assistance to developing countries;
- Provide opportunities for short-term undergraduate student study abroad for academic credit, and for graduate student research in developing countries;
- Promote opportunities for faculty members for short-term engagements in international development activities;
- Collaborate with cooperating international institutions for joint research and development activities; and,
- Facilitate the exchange of scholarly information and materials, through the libraries of our cooperating international institutions.