- Create your UMES Hawk Registration Account: log onto www.umes.edu/newaccount and follow instructions. This generates your UMES username, password, and e-mail address.
- Contact your Program Advisor to obtain your course listing, and to be made eligible to enroll in classes.
- Enroll in classes online: log onto www.umes.edu using your UMES username and password (see instructions below on how to enroll in a class).
- Complete the Payment Confirmation: once you have enrolled in classes, a bill will be generated. In order to complete the final stage of the registration, payment or payment arrangements must be confirmed. Regardless of how your education is being paid for, you must complete this process each semester after enrolling in classes. Failure to complete this process will result in you being dropped from your classes for non-payment (see instructions below on how to complete the Payment Confirmation).
- Obtain a UMES Student Photo ID (HAWKCARD): UMES students should have a UMES photo ID to utilize certain services and resources on campus. The HAWKCARD office is located in the Student Service Center, Room 1135. Please ensure that you have completed your payment confirmation before arriving at the office. Only new students will be able to get their HAWKCARD with no charge. A replacement fee of $30.00 (subject to change without notice) will be charged for lost, stolen, misplaced, damaged cards, or name changes.
- Obtain a UMES Parking Permit: UMES students, who park their cars in most parking lots on campus, must have a parking permit. The Parking Permit office is located in the Student Services Center, Room 2150. Please ensure that you complete the Parking Permit information online prior to reporting. You will not be able to complete the process without completing the form online. When you go online, if you have previously registered a vehicle you will see your “parking permit record” and will only need to update your personal and vehicle information if needed. You can find the parking permit form on your “My UMES” homepage under the icon to the right of the screen labeled “UMES Parking –Online Parking Requests”, or by going to the website directly at: www.umes.edu:8080/armsparking/. You will need to show your Vehicle Registration Card and Driver’s License. For questions regarding parking permits, please contact the Parking Coordinator at 410-651-7592.
*Please contact your Program Director or Academic Advisor by telephone or email if you need assistance with registration and enrolling for classes.
You can also contact the Graduate School with general questions regarding matriculation and registration at 410-651-6507/7966/8626.
How to Enroll in A Class
- To enroll in a class, click the Enroll/Drop link;
- Click the Term button (for example: “Fall 2023”);
- Click the Continue button;
- Select Class Search and then click Search button;
- Click the dropdown button to activate the menu to find the course subject;
- Click a subject in the list (for example: BIOL-Biology);
- Enter the Course Number (for example: enter a valid value e.g. “113”; Note: the “Course Number” has also been known as “Catalog Number”
- Click the Search button; Note: if it returns no results, the section may be full/closed
- Click the Select Class button;
- Click the Next button;
- Click the Proceed to Step 2 of 3 button;
- Click the Finish Enrolling button;
- View results of your added classes in the Status Column. Check for error messages and adjust the enrollment accordingly.
- To view the class schedule, click the My Class Schedule button.
- The class schedule automatically displays in the List View.