The print Serials Collection is non-circulating and located on the lower level of the library. The digital E-Resources Collection is accessed via the library website and available by searching databases, the discovery service and Journal Finder. The collection includes the following:
- Periodicals – Approximately 200 print scholarly journal and magazine titles are held by the Serials/E-Resources Department. These items can be found using the library catalog and are arranged by Library of Congress call number. Thousands of online periodicals can be accessed from databases, the discovery service (FDL OneSearch) and Journal Finder from the library homepage.
- Databases – The library has subscriptions to over 100 digital e-resources, which provide access to thousands of scholarly journal and magazine titles, national newspaper coverage and ebook collections. Other non-article databases provide directory and test preparation information. These digital resources are available 24/7 from the library’s homepage.
- For the full list of e-resources, click on the Alphabetical List of Databases link on the library website.
- Click on the Databases by Subject link to access e-resources by type or academic subject.
- Off-campus access: when accessing digital resources remotely, you will be prompted for the 14-digit barcode from the back of your HawkCard.
- Newspapers – Several national newspapers, like Baltimore Sun and New York Times (Sunday editions), are available in print and retained for the current month. Numerous national and regional newspapers (including historical coverage) can be found online on the library website (click on the Newspapers and News Sources link from the Databases by Subject webpage).
- Government Documents – To find government documents: (1) search the library catalog to link to full-text resources, or (2) access the GPO Monthly database, or (3) search the State Publications Depository & Distribution Program website.
Serials/E-Resources Department Services:
- Print Serials and E-Resources Inquiries – Staff can be reached during regular library hours in the following ways:
|In Person||By Phone|
|Serials Desk: Lower Level||(410) email@example.com|
|E-Resources: First Floor||(410) firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Printing (WEPA) and scanning services are available.
- Thesis and Dissertation Binding – This service is available to students who want a bound copy for their own records. Please note that theses and dissertations are usually sent to the bindery twice a year, and the library does not provide the service of mailing the bound copy to the student. Please follow the steps below based on whether the student or department is paying for the bound copy:
- If student is paying: A fee of $25 (per copy) needs to be paid to Auxiliary Services (SSC, 2nd floor), and you must get a receipt. Bring the receipt and a printed copy of your thesis/dissertation to the Serials Department where you will be asked to provide your contact information (email and cell phone). Please make arrangements to pickup the bound copy when it is ready.
- If department is paying: Please have the department send an authorization email specifying the student’s name and billing account number before bringing your printed copy to Serials for binding. The department will be charged $25 (per copy). Please make arrangements to pickup the bound copy when it is ready.