The Serials Collection is non-circulating and located on the lower level of the library. It includes the following:
- Periodicals – Includes about 100 print scholarly journal and magazine titles. These items can be found using the library catalog and are arranged in Library of Congress call number order. Thousands of online periodicals can be accessed from library databases.
- Newspapers – Includes several national newspapers, like Baltimore Sun (Sunday edition), USA Today and Washington Post. Print copies are kept for the current month only and then can be accessed online through library databases. Numerous national and regional newspapers (including historical coverage) can also be accessed from library databases.
- Government Documents – To find government documents: (1) search the library catalog to link to full-text resources, or (2) access the GPO Monthly database, or (3) search the State Publications Depository & Distribution Program website.
Serials Department Services:
- Serials Inquiries – Staff in the Serials Department can be reached during regular library hours in the the following ways:
|In Person||By Phone|
|Serials Desk on Lower Level||(410) firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Printing (WEPA) and scanning services are available.
- Thesis and Dissertation Binding – This service is available to students who want a bound copy for their own records. Please note that theses and dissertations are usually sent to the bindery twice a year. Follow the steps below based on whether the student or department is paying for the bound copy:
- If student is paying: A fee of $25 (per copy) needs to be paid to Auxiliary Services (SSC, 2nd floor), and you must get a receipt. Bring the receipt and a printed copy of your thesis/dissertation to the Serials Department where you will be asked to provide your contact information (email and cell phone).
- If department is paying: Please have the department send an authorization email specifying the student’s name and billing account number before bringing your printed copy to Serials for binding. The department will be charged $25 (per copy).