The non-print collection is housed in the Media Services Center on the lower level and consists of videotapes and DVDs on a broad range of subjects, including documentaries, history, music, theater, drama and science.
To utilize the services below, UMES faculty, staff and students must present a valid HawkCard ID to borrow nonprint materials and audiovisual equipment. Borrowers who are not affiliated with the campus need approval from the Library Director.
- Media Inquiries: Media staff can be contacted Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
|In Person||By Phone|
|Media Desk on Lower Level||(410) firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Equipment and Non-Print Loans – Audiovisual equipment loans for LCD projectors, digital recorders and projection screens must be reserved one week in advance. Non-print loans are available for videotapes, DVDs and compact discs.
- DVD and CD Duplication – Patrons must provide blank DVDs and CDs, and the media must adhere to current copyright laws pertaining to duplication.
- Interactive Video Network (IVN) System – Provides access to the IVN system, which serves as a link for USMAI students, faculty and staff for coursework, academic and administrative meetings throughout the state of Maryland, the U.S. and abroad. Supports distance learning classrooms.
- Printing – Banner and poster design services, spiral binding and lamination are provided for a fee (see below):
|Spiral Binding: 1-100 pages||$2|
|Spiral Binding: 101-200 pages||$3|
|Lamination: 5×7, 8×10, 9×12||$1|
|Lamination: 16×20 and larger||$3|