Cost of attendance 2023
- In state on campus- $28,618.00
- In-state with relatives- $21,385.00
- In-state off campus- $28,618.00
- Regional on campus- $31,215.00
- Regional with relatives- $23,982.00
- Regional off campus- $31,215.00
- Out of state- $39,448.00
- Out of state with relatives- $32,215.00
- Out of state off campus- $39,448.00
- The budget for cost of attendance is an approximation. It is based on tuition and fees, room and board, books, transportation and personal expenses.
- Cost of attendance might vary for international students.
Limited number of positions available for Work-study Students in the Department of Rehabilitation. Please go to the Office of Human Resources to apply for a position. Other work-study positions are available throughout campus.
Work Experience Scholarship
- Complete the Work Experience Scholarship Application
- Major in Rehabilitation Services or Rehabilitation Psychology
- Able to work between 15 to 20 hours per week
- Interview with Dr. Héctor Velázquez and Dr. William Talley
- Complete either the Federal Work and Study or Workship application
- 3.0 GPA
Academic Promise Scholarship – Full Package (Up to 2 Scholarships per academic year)
Given to first-year students from around the globe who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement. In addition to being among our most talented students, they are also expected to excel beyond the classroom and are leaders in their schools and communities. UMES will credit a full scholarship each semester to the student’s account (Fall/Spring) if they are selected to receive this scholarship. It can be used to cover tuition, mandatory fees, room, and board, Ipad/Tablet, and may include a book allowance. The total amount of this scholarship is not to exceed $ 20,000.00 (twenty thousand dollars) per year. The recipient qualifies to receive a scholarship for each of, up to, four academic years of continuous undergraduate study at the UMES if all the following conditions are satisfied:
Academic Promise Scholarship – Tuition Package (Up to 10 Scholarships)
Given to first-year students from around the globe who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement. In addition to being among our most talented students, they also excel beyond the classroom and are leaders in their schools and communities. It will cover up to $8,724.00 for tuition costs per year.
Dean’s Scholarship (Up to 4 Scholarships)
The Dean’s Scholarship offers annual merit awards of $5,000 per semester for sophomore, junior, or senior years. Must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Recipients are identified through evaluation of admission application materials including academic achievement, extracurricular activities, awards, honors, and an essay.
Enrichment (Bright-up) Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded a one-time, $2,500 grant for educational enrichment. Scholars may use these funds for a variety of enrichment activities, including research, internships, tuition-based education abroad programs, and professional travel during any of the student’s first eight semesters as an undergraduate at the UMES. Students must apply for the enrichment grant at least one semester before the semester they intend to use the award. The enrichment grant must be used prior to the end of the 8th semester of
Academic Improvement (Go-Hawks!) Scholarship
This scholarship is designed for students with a GPA between 2.0 to 2.5. The intent of the scholarship is to improve these students’ performance during their college years.For the first semester of the scholarship, the scholarship will pay 50% of the tuition and fees costs. An increase of the awarded amount will depend on students’ improvement in academic performance as follows:
Hector Jose Velazquez-Gonzalez, PhD, MSS, CRC
UMES – Department of Rehabilitation