The mission of the Intramural Sports Program is to provide a wide variety of quality recreational programs in a safe and secure environment designed to enhance the social, mental, and physical well-being of the entire university community. The Intramural Sports Program performs a vital role in the recruitment, retention, and education of students, faculty and staff.
In support of this mission, the Intramural Sports staff has established these goals:
- To provide and effectively manage high quality programs, personnel and equipment that provide a supportive, and safe environment for positive intramural sport experiences.
- To educate participants on lifelong leisure practices associated with physical, mental, social and emotional health, which supports making responsible choices, ultimately contributing to their well-being.
- To provide diverse programs and services designed to be responsive to the needs of students, faculty and staff.
- To provide inclusive recreational opportunities and environments that foster an appreciation of diversity.
- To provide employment, volunteer opportunities and educational experiences for students.
- To participate and collaborate in campus wide programs which provide involvement opportunities and assist in the recruitment and retention of students, faculty and staff.
Faculty vs Students