Transfer of Contract or Grant

To another Institution: A P.I. who is transferring to another institution may wish to continue his or her sponsored research projects there. Steps may be initiated to transfer the grant or contract only upon concurrence of the department chairperson and the Vice President for Academic Affairs.

Permission must be obtained from the sponsoring organization for such transfers (transfers are by no means automatically granted by all sponsors); arrangements must proceed through the OSRP. There may be instances in which the University may elect to retain a project and nominate an alternate principal investigator; this also requires agency approval.

From Another Institution: A faculty member coming from another institution may have a sponsored project he or she wishes to transfer to UMES. Such transfer requires the home institution’s approval in addition to the approval of the sponsoring organization. A new proposal (or the revised original) with new budgetary information must then be processed at UMES through the normal routing and approval cycle, prior to submission to the sponsoring agency.

Scroll to Top