The Winer Housing Community Manager (CM) is responsible for assisting in the overall
management, programming, and community development of the UMES ORL Winter Housing
residential community. The GA may directly or indirectly supervise 2-8 paraprofessional staff
members and up to 10 supporting staff members. As compensation, you are provided housing
and a bi-weekly check to work office hours 40 hours a week. This package does not include
● Must participate in mandatory ORL Professional Staff training. This includes expectation
to supervise and advise committees as requested, attend, and participate in ORL staff
● Must be available to assist with planning and facilitation of student staff training and
● Must attend all RA training and in-service sessions.
● Must be available to participate in the full student check-in and checkout process
including pre check-in and post checkout administrative procedures.
● Cannot have unapproved secondary employment or undisclosed internship/practical
● Assist in the Office of Residence Life operations. Report unsafe maintenance systems,
train and encourage staff and students on how to use the maintenance system, making
rounds within the assigned residential community on a daily basis, and following up on
● Must adhere to a compatible work schedule established and agreed upon by with the
director of ORL or designee in designated community office without excessive
absences. Schedule a minimum of 40 office hours per week. Availability during these
times must take priority. Additional hours in the facility must be spent as a natural part
of the responsibility of the Graduate Assistant in charge. The Office of Residence Life
has the ability to request for additional hours as needed and necessary.
● The Community Manager must be available in or within proximity of the facility at least
two weekends per month and participate in on-call rotation with Professional Staff.
● Must be able to supervise a staff of 2 – 8 students. Coordinate and provide leadership
advice and encouragement for developmental, educational, social, and recreational
programs in the residence hall
● In addition to specific responsibilities of the position the Graduate Assistant is
responsible for a variety of roles as a staff member. These roles include (but not limited
to) Community Builder, Peer Counselor, Programmer, Team Member, and Administrative.
Therefore GA is expected to complete all duties as assigned to effectively fulfill these
● The Graduate Assistant will be responsible for a set of Master Keys to assist in the
complete operation of the building. Must adhere to key policy as provided and reiterated
● Provide crisis intervention and other referral services for residents to curtail student
● Coordinate disciplinary counseling in the residential community, maintain appropriate
written documentation, and refers appropriate cases to the Director of Conduct and
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
● The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and
talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
● Must be a current UMES ORL Graduate Assistant or Graduate Community
Assistant to apply for this position.
How to Apply:
- You must complete and submit a Student Employment Application to the Office of Human
Resources by following the steps below:
- Select Talent Acquisition
- Select students
- Select Student Employment Website
- Select Student Job Board or Student Application
- Email the application to email@example.com
- Submit an email with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, November 21.