- Step 1: File the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1, 2018. The filing deadline for priority consideration is for State Funding is March 1, 2019, for institutional funding the priority deadline is January 1, 2019. When completing the 2020-2019 FAFSA, we recommend that you use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your tax information directly from the IRS onto your FAFSA.
- Step 2: Receive Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Step 3: Receive Award Notification
- Step 4: Complete Federal Verification (only if you were selected by the U.S. Department of Education)
- Step 5: Check Loan Document Status (Accept loans and complete and submit promissory notes Master Promissory Note and entrance loan counseling, if applicable.)
- Step 6: Payments and receiving financial aid funds
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)–File the 2019-2020 FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1, 2018 and before January 1, 2019 for institutional priority consideration.
Some FAFSA’s are selected for verification by the federal processor.